Thursday, March 11, 2010

TV

Every Tuesday I anxiously wait on my couch for 9:00 to roll around... then it happens.

My reminder pops up on the screen, I press 'select', and I'm off watching the newest episode of 16 and Pregnant.

I'm not sure what it is that draws to to this show. Do I feel sorry for them? Is it just so trashy that I can't turn my head? Are these kids just so stupid I can't stop gasping at all their mistakes?

Season 1 sucked me in. Then I became even more obsessed with Teen Mom. Tyler and Catelyn are just so cute (and smart! for giving little Carly to an awesome family. Funny thing is they are the ones who were probably most prepared to be good parents?). Every time I go to Ooltewah I secretly look around to see if a can spot Macy and Bentley. Will Amber get her GED? Will MTV air Tyler and Catelyn's wedding? Will Gary ever change out of his 'linebacker camp' t-shirt that is 5 sizes too small?

I'm so stuck on season 1. Season 2 girls just can't compare. Still, I already can't wait for season 3, and I'm desperate for Teen Mom 2. I can't help but wonder if there will be a teen dad that is more than just a sperm donor?

I think I have a problem. MTV, HELPPPPPPPPPPP! I NEED MORE TEEN MOM!

(and i think jon would like the remote back...)

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I am right there with you. However I feel that the last two girls on the show were more mature than almost all of season 1 girls. They were actually taking care of their baby and saying goodbye to the dads.

But what I think the show demonstrates is that boys are not prepared for parenthood, even if they "love" you, and 99% of the time they will not stick by you.

But I am waiting for the one responsible boy that will actually be a man- and yes Tyler is my absolute favorite, but even they admitted that they probably wouldn't be together if they had kept Carly.

...Just know your not the only one that is addicted!