Saturday, March 2, 2013

The time we could've moved 'home' but didn't.


Jon has been applying for jobs over the past few months. Ag jobs in Georgia are hard to come by, especially in North Georgia where I'm from. Jon happened to get an interview for a great job in a small town about an hour north of my parents and thirty minutes south of his parents. We didn't tell anyone about his interview because we didn't want our families to be upset if something didn't work out. His interview went great and when they called with an offer it was way better than he expected it to be. Somehow, Jon flipped out. He's not good at change. I tried to talk to him about the job, but we got in a huge fight. He said the most hurtful thing ever to me. I cried and cried. By the time we got around the talking about it (or talking in general), the decision was really rushed. I told him to take it if he wanted it. I could move to a little redneck town if I had to. I don't think he was listening to what I had to say. I would've been fine moving there. I told him it didn't matter if it was not near a university, that I could try again for my doctorate the next time we moved. But, for some reason, he told them no.

And ever since he told them 'no', our household has been miserable.

I know he really wanted it.

Jon is acting like a freak.

Tonight he went to Fergie's bachelor party and I told him not to come home and to be sure he stays in the hotel downtown with the rest of the guys.

Sometimes I need a break.

No comments: