Well here we are, 4 days from our EDD, and no baby yet! I do believe we are starting to see some 'signs' and I think she will be here soon! I am starting to get my fear of natural childbirth under control, and I feel ready for what is to come. I think it helped that on Wednesday we went with our midwife to meet the 'back-up' OB in case we have to transport to the hospital. He was very nice and supportive of home birth, which is pretty unusual for an OB! But, I suppose being one of the few OB's in Lawrenceburg and all the Amish people our there and working together with the Farm Midwives must make one pretty supportive.
I've been assured that my baby is only 7.5-8lbs right now and not 10lbs 1oz like I keep dreaming!
Today I cleaned my whole house as clean as a house with two huge dogs can get. I've organized my tupperware (the last thing that needed organizing in the kitchen), the 'junk drawer' (no more junk to be found), dusted, swept, cleaned the windows, cleared out the piece of furniture under the TV, am in the process of organizing all of our bills and important papers, as well as cleaning out my closet and bagging up all the maternity clothes that Steph let me borrow back in August. I'm down to one pair of yoga pants and one pair of blue jeans that fit + 3 shirts so I may as well pack everything up. She was thinner than me to begin with so I couldn't much wear her shirts after 7 months anyway! :) I'm so ready for warm weather, running shorts, t-shirts that fit, the stairmaster, the treadmill, hiking trails, and long walks in the neighborhood with the pups!
Last night was our last class in the Bradley Childbirth series. Jon graduated with his official Bradley Childbirth Coach Card- he was proud! :) Let's hope he remembers how to help me in the moment! The class was 8 weeks long and was 3 hours each Thursday night. We learned a LOT! I would reccommend the class to anyone interested in trying for a drug-free birth. Ours was taught by a doula in her home- I heard not to take the hospital-based course. On the way home I realised how unprepared I was - and that my symptoms probably meant the time was nearing- and how I needed to get my sh*t together! Yes, all our supplies and food are already in the birth house and our suitcases are packed, but I needed to get together a list of last minute thing sthat can't be packed in advance, clean my house, organize things, finish the nursery... so I guess that's what spurred my cleaning spree today. I stayed up until 3am last night feeling little contractions and uploading my birth playlist to my ipod. I successfully found 3 hours of slow, instrumental-type smashing pumpkins songs (my fav). I've been attempting to get into the meditation zone with my SP and my birth ball, and I hope it's helpful in the long run. I keep envisioning needing the same mindset you have when running an entire marathon (or at least a 1/2) for the birth, so I'm trying to take myself to that 'place'. Sometimes that 'place' is really hard to find. So, that's all that's on my playlist. Jon already got together all the other cd's we are taking.
Um... that's pretty much it! I wonder if this will be our last weekend as a couple with only furbabies?!
No comments:
Post a Comment