Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Look what I brought home today!

Meet Raja.
I saw Raja on facebook today because I follow Big fluffy Dog Rescue and try to help out when I can, though previously it's only been through emailing / calling political party members and news stations on horrific kennel conditions, animal issues, and things of the such. Well today BFDR needed someone to pull this sweet 30lb shepherd mix from Rutherford County PAWS, a very high kill shelter. They aren't so nice there either, FYI. Anyway, being she's not big or fluffy there weren't too many people commenting about going and helping out. I commented that I could pull her, was contacted, and I drove my extremely pregnant self to Murfreesboro and back to save this sweetheart! When the brought her out to me I started crying because it was very evident that she was a recent mama dog, and although her 5 puppies had been adopted, they were going to euthanize her and toss her away like she was trash.

On our drive home she leaned up around my seat and gave me a big kiss on the cheek.  Worth. Every. Mile.

She's sleeping in my bedroom now, and Rox and Copper are on the back porch wondering who the heck has taken over their house!?

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I love how big your heart is. Josh thinks I'm crazy when I pick up strays and make every effort to return them home. It breaks my heart to see a pet without a home. Go you! And plan on giving birth anytime soon??? lol.