If one more person tells me to be induced or have a f'n C-section already I'm going to fucking scream.
There's no way in hell I'd do either of those unless 1) I was dying or 2) my baby was in danger of dying.
So please, stop texting, facebooking, and/or calling me and telling me these things! Thanks.
Yes, our EDD by my period was March 15th. We know it's the 30th. We know that is '15 days overdue'. We also know that we had early ultrasounds give us EDD's of the 22nd and the 27th, and that the average 1st time mom doesn't give birth until 8 days after her EDD. So, we are either at average lateness or not even really 'late' yet! Our midwives don't care about dates, they just say the baby will come when she is ready. The midwives visit us 2-3 times daily and check on me and the baby. We are both perfectly fine!!! We believe that when God says it's her birthday it will be!
Saturday I was having pretty steady contractions all day, and by night time they were 3 minutes apart. They didn't hurt too bad, so we decided not to call our primary midwife. I got in the shower to see if my back pain would ease off then Jon start doing some counter pressure techniques on my hips that we learned in our class. Our midwife randomly called us! She told us to come on down to the Farm and get settled. We drove down to the house that night, and stayed until this morning. Labor seems to start and stop and fake us out, which is all normal. I suppose we are just getting ready. There is no TV or Internet down there. We take walks and wave to the hippies as they drive by. We learned one of our midwives who is about our age and is visiting The Farm to learn about how they do things actually lives in a tree house on Martha's Vineyard in some guys back yard. We listen to music and read out loud to each other, take naps, and ignore people who text us saying we need to get induced already. Last night we had a really nice dinner in Lawrenceburg and saw some interesting people in the L-burg Super Wally World. We've had a funny series of events happen that I will post in our birth story when it occurs...
No comments:
Post a Comment