I slept in today! Well, sort of. I woke up at 3am, again at 5am, watched TV, went back to sleep at 6:30, and finally woke up for good at 9am. That's a lot of sleep for me! I stumbled into the kitchen and something smelled funky. I poured some cereal, walked in the living room on the way to the couch... and there it was. Copper's Valentine present to me- 8 gigantic turds on my living room rug.
YUCK! I locked myself in my room, ate my cereal, cleaned up the mess, then put both pups outside. It's such a nice day out! I got the mud off their paws, locked the gate on the porch and opened the back door so they could come in and out as the pleased. 10 minutes late the funk was back. Valentine's present #2 from Copper- diarrhea on my hardwood floors. Awesome.
Thank God I have something to look forward to today- my Valentine's cookie baking date with Jen later on tonight when she gets off work. I'm over eating healthy now. I've only got 3-4 weeks left, if that. I started having real contractions yesterday even though they were irregular. My whole body was cramping down to my ankles all weekend long. I was hoping for a Valentine's baby but since Jon is out of town I guess that wouldn't be so great. Full moon on Thursday?
Mom and dad came this weekend and got SO much stuff done for me. Dad put the stroller/car seat together and finished painting a table for Lovie's room. We bought a light fixture for her room and dad spray painted it pink to make it cute. Mom and dad cleared out my storage unit and moved all that stuff (my classroom stuff) into the attic. They cleared out the office/nursery closet and helped me organize all Lovie's stuff into neat little bins. They satisfied my Red Lobster craving by taking me to eat there on Friday night. And I enjoyed a Red Robin garden burger on Saturday. YUM. We bought the last of my birth supplies and packed it into a box for the midwife. We bought and folded baby socks, gowns, and mittens, and packed Lovie's bag for the trip to The Farm. Mom started packing my bag, too. We bought a mirror to go over Lovie's dresser, and dad hung it for me. And he hung a picture in the living room, too. Mom got our unusable, icky, 'storage closet' of a bathroom usable for the time being. They moved all the renovation supplies to the shed, cleaned the bathroom up as good as it can be, hung a cheap mirror and shower curtain for the time being, and put down a new bath rug. I worked them to death! I still have to go through all the office closet stuff that's now in the hallway and combine/throw away/organize it enough to go in a closet in the guest bedroom. I did combine the two guest bedroom closets into 1 to make room for office supplies- between cramps!
THANKS, Y'ALL!
All that and still SO much more to do. I'm excited to stay home for a bit and finish decorating our home. I still have to um, order wedding pictures?!, hang pictures in the hallway, decorate our bedroom, redo the dining room table and chairs, redo both of mine and Jon's dressers, paint/hang 6 more panel doors, and the big project of completing our bathroom. I can't remember if I blogged this or not... but our contractor who did our kitchen and guest bathroom quoted us 6 GRAND to do our master bathroom!! I about shit the floor just like Copper. Last year when they did our guest bath (same size as master bath 5X7 aka tiny, same sink, tub, tile, everything....) it cost $2,000.00 including our supplies. What. The. Hell.
So, I may not be getting the bathroom that I want now with the pretty tiled walls, pedestal sink, etc. like my guest bath. But, I'm thinking I can bust out the tile myself, lay some concrete board, secure the vanity, and put at least a new tile floor and baseboard down... do some painting, install some new shower hardware, caulk, and change out the piping on the back of the toilet that's so corroded. At least make it look presentable!
Anyway, I think I'm going to waddle over to Hobby Lobby to get a few more things for the nursery, returns some things to Babies'R'Us, go to the chiropractor, and then off to my cookie baking date! After all, I only have to make it to tomorrow- the 15th!!- so it's okay if I get out today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment