I started spring break by taking 2 Praxis exams which kicked my butt.
I visited Erica and Steph in Knoxville for one night only! Wish I could have stayed longer. I drank too much red wine. Steph and I drove all over Knoxville trying to satisfy our craving for petit fours. We found some, but they weren't exactly what we were looking for.
Stephanie Crippen and her friends came to Nashville from Knoxville for St. Patty's day. We had them over for dinner, again drank too much red wine, and headed down to Broadway & 2nd. We drank lots of green beer and played corn hole. I am now a corn hole shark. It was hilarious! I could barely stand up but couldn't lose a game. Later that evening when they went back to their hotel, Jon and I finally tried out the neighborhood bar (seriously, we have a real bar in our neighborhood)- JC's. It was just trashy enough to be fun. Then we went to Waffle House.
Unfortunately, I spent the next day recovering and Jon had to go to work. Poor thing.
He recovered on Friday when he took the day off work to 'spend it with me'. He slept til 11:00 then met another fellow work-skipper at the bar to watch basketball all day. I'm happy he's going out because we don't have many friends here! It's rare that we get out. I'm usually alone, hence the reason I picked up a new hobby. I've been working on this granny square afghan:


It's bigger than this now, getting close to filling up the whole kitchen table. I've also added a checkboard pattern that looks pretty neat. I've got a crochet class and a knitting class coming up so I'm hoping to learn to perfect some more difficult stitches. Despite how lopsided it looks in the last picture, it's not in real life :) I'm not sure if I should keep it or send it to someone. Jon thinks I'm an old women, I'm sure.
I like crocheting and knitting. I'm sure I've mentioned I won 100 learn to knit kits in a contest for special education teachers. No service project ideas yet? I spent a few hours over at Knit Happy last week. They have some beautiful yarns, and I'm particularly fond of the bamboo ones. My next project might be thisdevil dog costume for my brother, Pacey.
March Madness is in full swing at the Frady house.... Roxanne is over basketball! It puts her to sleep.

Copper is ready to route on the Vols as they hope to progress to the Elite 8!

No comments:
Post a Comment