We installed hardwoods, new Sheetrock, stainless steel appliances, brand new white cabinets, and a sweet washer / dryer pair. We had the finished (no oiling here) butcher block counter top built over the top of the washer / dryer to maximize our space. I also replaced the old sink with one of those large bowl sinks that's not separated. I love it! Still to do: cabinet hardware, tile back splash, light fixtures over the sink and in the ceiling, and decorate! Our always-important KOOZIE collection has a special spot in two baskets in the cabinet- color coordinated of course. NOTE: I was cooking dinner when I took this, that's why there is stuff all over the counters!
Originally, the office was the best looking room in the house. But we did change the color, put in hardwood flooring and new 2 inch blinds like we did everywhere else, and add more shelves into the closet. This past Monday, when I finally started unpacking, I got a hold of the office. My OCD tendencies went into Over(C)Drive...
Plan to update this TV stand with some paint and basket... new rug... IKEA fold out bed love seat for those who crash with us after a night of honky tonkin' ... lots of matching frames on the walls... diplomas...

Leftover mason jars with ribbons and labels to hold office supplies. Ribbons just make everything look cuter. Can you find my dry humor in this shot?
This room has two closets. Since we don't have a linen closet, we made one! Bathroom stuff in the bottom of the closet has yet to be organized due to the bathrooms not yet being remodeled. Also no closet doors- they are leaning up against a wall you can't see :) We took the ugly bi fold doors off and are replacing all doors in the house with the six panel doors. Note the spot below where there is no baseboard - when I organized this room yesterday I moved a box and low and behold----- Jon 'forgot' to put baseboard and shoe mold here! Apparently he has something against moving boxes in rooms and just works around them... just kiddin' ! Love you! I did laugh when I saw that though.
The Master is a Disaster!
I worked on it today and have a bunch of stuff laying everywhere so I can put it in the attic later. We pulled down the crooked chair rail, did lots of patching and painting. new blinds and floors. Can't WAIT to get some bedroom furniture!
The master bath needs lots of work, too. We pulled out some tile, replaced toilet hardware. Replaced vanity. Will be painting and pulling out the old tile soon.
The guest bath has not been touched since we moved in. Ew. It has become our supply room. I wont show you what it looks like now. But here is a before:
I can't wait to pull EVERYTHING out of it... toilet, etc... cabinet and wallpaper already came down on destruction day. ;)
Exciting, huh? And we thought this would be a month project- ha! 5.5 months later and still going strong. We actually had a yard sale the other day where we met one of our neighbors. Before we moved in he looked at our house to invest in as a "flip". He immediately decided against it and flipped a different house on the next street. He found ours to be too much work...

















1 comment:
I LOVE all the labels!!!
Post a Comment