Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Awesome weather today!

Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I / we blogged. Here's an update on our life:

-Jon and I closed on our first house the last day of January. It was five years to the day that we met! Ironic, huh? :)
-We immediately began renovations with some difficulty, because Jon totaled his truck the week after we began renovating (Not his fault! It's the crazy drivers in Antioch!). He was okay, and so was Roxie. She was in the front seat when it happened. I took her to the vet just to make sure, and Jon went to the ER. Luckily our families and friends were so helpful the first month of renovations. Tyler, Mike, my parents, and Jon's parents came in town. Stephanie came in several weekends from Knoxville to help, too. Jamie spent a week with me working on refinishing cabinets that we ended up throwing out. We were thankful for all the help!!
- We moved in to our renovation a month after we started it! Over time I have grown grumpy about it, because trying to lay hardwood yourself in a whole house while living in one room is difficult. Difficult is an understatement. Don't. Do. It. Well, at least not while all your stuff is in there and you are planning a wedding!! Or if you are a bubble person like me who is allergic to everything and sawdust is flying everywhere. We probably all have at least a whole trees worth of sawdust in our lungs. The rain has been unstopable, which means our dining room was turned into a workshop with a table saw. Thankfully the beautiful hardwoods are now installed, and almost all the baseboards and quarter round. We painted the whole house, are installing new doors and door frames, completely tore out the sheetrock in the kitchen- installed all new cabinets, countertops, and stainless steel appliances. Our washer & dryer are in the kitchen, so we had the countertop built over the top of the washer and dryer and got awesome frontload ones to accommodate the space. It looks amazing! All we have left to do is install the sink and we will have a completed kitchen!
-Still left to do: redo both bathrooms, paint the new doors, install closet organizers, finish unpacking, landscape the backyard (it's a mudhole!!!!!!!) , buy some furniture, get married, go on our amazing honeymoon, and live happily ever after! :)

JOn has been working really hard at his job. Spring and Summer are busy times for him. I'm getting lots of hours at my job, but still hoping to get on with the state. I'm up for a position in Disbaility Claims, which is what I really really want, so I hope I get it. That would be awesome.

Today after I watched Charlie, I was already in Green Hills, so I went shopping at Trader Joe's. LOVE IT! I will go there all the time now. So many vegetarian & vegan chioces.... YUM.

Well, time to work out at the Y... Bye!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The house looks awesome! I can't believe all the work you guys have put into it already! Thanks for letting me come to visit!
Love, Randa

Stephanie said...

You're almost done!!!
Love, Steph