Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Debate Time in Nashville

Tonight Jen came over for a debate watching party. Carly, her dog, was in attendance. She is one of Roxie & Copper's best buds. I made chili, cornbread, and a belated birthday cake for Roxie. We missed Roxie's 1st birthday because Jon & I were on vacation- I felt like such a bad mom!


The doggies went CRAZY over the cake. In fact, a dog fight broke out in my kitchen while I was stirring the batter. It was basically a regular cake except I made it with whole wheat flour and mixed a can of wet food in. I topped it with Beggin' Strips. Yum! They played a lot and we had to turn the television volume up really loud to hear what was being said.
Doggie Food Cake Recipe:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
12 ounce can of wet dog food
Enough milk to make the batter creamy like normal cake mix
Bake in a 9x13 pan for 35 minutes.
Top with cottage cheese or your dog's favorite treat- or both!


Left to Right: Carly "Party" Palmer, Copper Calhoun Frady, Roxanne Ruth Frady

All I have to say about the debate is, "Obama, please!" McCain - Palin '08!!!!!!

2 comments:

shargro1 said...

I bet Bear would love that cake I will have to remember for next time. Miss you, Stephanie

The Pinheiro Family said...

You are such a good Mommy! What a creative idea... looks like the pups loved it!