Hi! Not much going on here. We work all week, eat one unhealthy breakfast a week on Saturday at Shipley's Doughnuts, and go to church on Sunday. I don't really have anything funny to report.
I've been doing much better I think. Since I started counseling for postpartum issues I have really improved. It's kind of strange since I am a licensed counselor and while sitting on a couch I know exactly the questioning techniques the lady is using on me. It's still helpful.
Our house is a wreck, but I work too much to keep up with it. I'm trying to let it go. That's my new motto- letting it go. I can't work, cook, clean, exercise, make time for me, get Jon ready for work, keep track of 60 students' needs, all while watching a toddler and be sane. It's impossible, and I'm learning that.
I'm trying to make time for me at the gym, with my Nashville SK's at happy hours, and working on occasional crochet projects. Sometimes I still sit up at night sucked into ID.
I've totally slacked on keeping up with my letters to Lovie. That's on my to-do list. I better catch up... teaching starts back in 2 weeks, and even though I work year round, things always get craziest in August. She is a dancing queen. she dances all day, talks all day, and enjoys grabbing the end of a toilet paper roll and running through all the rooms of the house until the whole thing has unraveled.
I'm also retaking the GRE soon, and as soon as I write my statement of intent and I can submit my application to Vanderbilt. If I get into the Ph.D. program there, I will have accomplished my life goal. If I don't, then..... well, I expect that I wont considering I'm applying to the #1 program in the country for what I want to study. I guess I'll just have to try again later. If I am able to start August 2013, then Lovie will be 2 1/2 and I feel like that's an okay point for her to go to preschool during the day. I would also like to apply to Auburn and UGA, and while I wouldn't mind moving I don't think that Jon really cares to leave. Fingers crossed even though I wont find out the verdict until next spring.

No comments:
Post a Comment