Monday, June 13, 2011

Visitors + Our first night away!

On Wednesday my parents came up to visit! This was great because Thursday was my moms birthday, and they watched Lovie for me so iIcould go to the library and work on my thesis.  We celebrated with cookie brownies, grilled out shishkabobs, and had a fun time visiting.  On Friday Jamie and Missy came in town. We all had dinner before mom and dad left to go back home.

On Saturday Jon and I went on a quick shopping trip to find me something to wear to Devin and Jessica's wedding. This was our first time both being away from Lovie at the same time! We grabbed a quick lunch at chik-fil-a and went home.  Not soon after we made it home Steph & Stuart arrived. They gave Jamie and Missy a break from watching Lovie and held her while Jon and I got ready for the wedding. Oh, there was also some wedding pre-gaming involved ;)

The four of us (Me, Jon, Steph, and Stuart) headed to Franklin for Devin & Jessica's wedding.  It was on Devin's family's farm and scorching hot, but beautiful. The reception was in their barn. Things got a little crazy. Especially in the photo booth.

Jon & I had an awesome time acting like we haven't in a long, long time! Okay, so maybe Jon has gotten crazy but I definitely haven't. When we got home about 1:30am, Jamie and Missy were worn out. Lovie threw up on them twice, got the big D several times (she's not used to formula at all), Jamie tore the mobile down (actually it fell and landed around her neck-haha! It's on my to-fix list.), and neither of them got any sleep. Jon & I raided the kitchen- his choice was pb&j on hot dog buns (wth! He needed white bread and all we ever keep is whole grain.) and I ate 2 packs of frozen white castle burgers. You don't have to track Weight Watchers points after midnight, right?

I must say it's a little more difficult to get much sleep after partying when you have an infant. Jon was out cold but I got up twice between 2:30am and 5:30am.  The rest of the next day was spent on the couch watching Lizard Lick Towing. Seriously, have you seen that show? It's hilarious!!

'Parents Gone Wild'

'Girls Gone Wild'
[Kara (Burton's Wife) is due in December, and so is Lea (Will's wife)! More AGR babies! They obviously were not feeling as 'wild' as Steph & I were in this picture.]

Jon's recovery picture.

Mom & Lovie blowing out birthday candles.



Pimp hat Stuart, Huge glasses Jon, Feathery Steph, and a hat falling off me. Obviously the end of the night!

No comments: