She started holding her paci on day 2, smiled on day 6, laughed on day 15, rolled over on day 30, and her legs are so strong that I can now stand her up and she'll stay there for a second or two before falling over (I catch her of course). She started sleeping through the night on day three, and has continued that unless she's wearing disposable diapers when we are out of town. She only likes cloth. I can see her front 2 bottom teeth through her gums. I hope it's an illusion, because I don't think it's normal to see tooth buds this soon?! But if you think about it, she did gestate 3 weeks longer than the average child. All of a sudden in the past 2 days she has started drooling all over the place.
Things Lovie hates: being on her tummy, being naked, changing outfits, and being anywhere but in someone's arms.
Lovie has Jon's eyes and everything else looks like me so far. Our newborn pictures are identical, and even some people in my family had a problem telling them apart! I never thought I would have a red-headed child, but so far it's looking like it will at least be strawberry blond. Her eyes are still blue, but we are wondering if they will turn dark, dark brown like Jon's? She is very stubborn (imagine that- she is my child) and when she wants something she wants it RIGHT then.
Finally I got her to stay in her swing for a little bit without crying for me to pick her up. Occasionally she will sit in her bouncy seat or on her play mat. This lasts for, oh, five minutes.
Other than that I've been stuck inside because of the nastiness of the great 13 year cicada invasion. It puts a damper on my afternoon walks. I had to start walking the mall, but occasionally my friend Jess meets me in Franklin for mall strolls. I'm not fond of being home and I love a chance to get out!
Roxanne and Copper LOVE Lovie and are super protective of her. They lay wherever she is laying. Copper comes to get me when she is crying. They give her gentle kisses. It's so sweet. :) I try to keep our house clean for Lovie but the pups make it so hard. They've been outside a little more than normal. I need a super duper pet hair vacuum cleaner asap.
Have you seen Lovie's new pictures? She was 5 weeks here. Pretty good for non-professional photos, huh?!
In this one she is wearing one of my dresses from when I was a baby.
I think she looks so much older than 6 weeks!






1 comment:
she is gorgeous!
Post a Comment