Friday, February 4, 2011

A cold day

We are supposed to be getting more snow here today, tonight, and tomorrow! Fantastic! Where did that lovely 60 degree weather that we had this past weekend go?

Roxanne is asleep at my feet and Copper is snoozing in my bed. I'm working on a crochet charity project and I got a latte today. I figured I'm far enough along that a little caffeine wont hurt. I'm pretty relaxed even though I'm warding off my pre-term labor.

Jon and I had our 3rd birth class last night (Bradley method) held in a lady's home in Franklin. It's quite funny I must say. If I were our instructor's children (she has 2- 1 in college and 1 in high school), I think I would be very uncomfortable growing up in a house full of vagina posters.  They are everywhere! Though the other 6 couples in our class are all planning natural births, too, we are the only ones planning one out of the hospital.  It seems like most of the group is going with the Vanderbilt Midwifery Center, which is attached to VMC.

Two days ago I started getting really uncomfortable groin pain and pain in my bottom while walking/standing.  I slept on a heating pad and woke up feeling a whole lot better today, but still sore. Since I was 75% effaced a month ago, I asked out instructor last night if you could be that far effaced without dialating, and she said 'no'. So, I'm wondering if these new pains down there are maybe a small amount of dialation? I had BH constantly yesterday, all day long. I still have to make it 11 more days... I'm trying my hardest to keep her in! I'm sort of nervous that Jon is leaving me to go to Knoxville next Friday-Sunday, then he will be in Pigeon Forge Monday-Tuesday. I emailed Jen all my instructions/directions of where to take me, and emailed them to Leah as a back up in case Jen can't be reached. Mom has been trying to get off work to come stay with me just in case, but so far it's a no-go. :(  Seriously, what would I do if I went into labor without Jon here and had an hour and a half drive to The Farm??

This morning I ventured out to get my injection (for my asthma) and my nurse said 'Wo! You are about to deliver aren't you? That baby is so low and your face is round. I can always tell when someone is about to deliver because of the round face.'  Thanks, nurse! I noticed, too, but did you really have to point out my round face? I was pretty self conscious about it BEFORE I got pregnant.

Last night in class (grad school) my friend Leah (pregnant with #3) looked at me and said 'Yeh, you'll be lucky if you make it a week and a half.'

I went to pick up my prescription at the Kmart pharmacy two nights ago, and a random elderly man in line said 'Wow, that is a low baby.  It must be ready to come out!'

I must say, my 'bump' looks much less 'bumpish' and much more obese-fat roll-hanging-between-the-legs-ish. Thank you to the nurse and random Kmart customer for pointing that out. :) At least they didn't comment on how I walk like I have a beach ball between my thighs.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

you know what, when Lovie gets here this will all be a distant memory and you will just look back and laugh ;) ... till then - enjoy bed rest as much as possible and I'm crossing my fingers for you!