Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24, 2011

Things got better the next day with my mom, and we got the nursery semi-put together. We bought a dresser which I spent hours, and I mean hours!, putting together. Luckily Tyler and Lisa stopped by and Tyler graciously helped me put together the drawers.  I got some precious little rose colored/rose shaped glass knobs for it at hobby lobby.  I also found these sweet little pink/green rose patterned things at hobby lobby to decorate her room with.  We put a door hanger on her closet, a little basket to hold her pacifiers, a mat for the top of the dresser, and a matching metal trash can. I also found a precious little light switch cover, framed 'L', and ordered some bedding... I haven't seen the bedding in person because it's online only so I hope it matches everything! It's weird seeing actual furniture in the room! It's been a 'junk room' for two years now!

I had a funny thought with Lovie wanting to come early and all... if she comes on February 2nd, that means she would be born on my great-grandmother's birthday (the one she is named after)!

I'm sad that Jon has to go out of town this week, but AGR duty calls.  He is this year's alumni president and is doing a great job so far working on communication with the actives and organizing the revamping the house!

Tonight I'm sitting up missing my Poppy and wishing he could have met Lovie, his first great grand baby. I can't believe it's been almost four months since he passed.  I am especially missing his eternal optimism.  I thought I would copy and paste this here before it gets taken offline...

C. Jim Rice
C. Jim Rice, 77 of Marietta died Tuesday, October 5, 2010. A Memorial Service will be held at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 10, 2010 at Mayes Ward-Dobbins Chapel in Marietta with the Rev. Mike Faulkner and Rev. Elgin Holt officiating. Survivors include his wife, Marlene Dilbeck Rice of Marietta; three daughters & sons-in-law, Vickie & Don Roy of Raleigh, NC, Cathy & Grier Moon of Acworth; Terry & Billy Mitchell of Marietta; one sister & brother-in-law, Linda & Vernon Pegg of Lafayette; five grandchildren, Abbey Moon Frady & Jon, Jamie L. Moon, Katherine A. Roy, Matthew T. Rice and Maggie C. Manoulian. Jim was predeceased by his daughter, Lisa Rice. Jim was a devoted husband, father, grandfather and wonderful friend. He always displayed a heartfelt smile and positive attitude, and he inspired others to do the same. The proverbial glass was truly half full with Jim Rice. A native of Lafayette, GA, Jim was educated at the University of Tennessee and Perdue Pension School. He served in the Air Force from 1952 until 1957. During his tour, he twice won the coveted “Airman of the Month” award, competing against the entire body of Air Force enlisted men. Jim pursued a career in personal and business financial planning and became a leader in the industry. He also served as a consultant to many business owners and their corporations in financial matters. A lifetime member of the Million Dollar Round Table, member of National Discovery Group, as well as top honor clubs in his field: All Star Honor Roll of “The Insurance Salesman”, National Discovery Group, former Director, national Heritage Foundation, past President of the Jr. Chamber of Commerce, Lafayette, GA; past Director of Walker County-Coosa Valley Planning and Development Association. He was an industry resource in insurance, estate and financial planning and published numerous articles in his field. He was a professional speaker worldwide, including guest lecturer at the Graduate Seminar Class, Purdue University, three time speaker at the Million Dollar Round Table, including main platform speaker in Lucerne, Switzerland. Jim had a wonderful life surrounded by the love of family and friends. His arms were always open to us. He traveled all over the world and loved to fish and golf whenever possible. He will be remembered by all of those he touched throughout his life. He lived, loved and laughed and we will miss him deeply. Contributions may be made in loving memory of Jim to the American Cancer Society -Cobb County Unit, 1825 Barrett Lakes Blvd., Kennesaw, GA 30144. The family will receive following the service at Mayes Ward-Dobbins Funeral Home & Crematory in Marietta. www.mayeswarddobbins.com

No comments: