Monday, February 1, 2010

Let it snow!

I *love* snow days... mostly because they are pretty AND I don't have to go to work. Oh, the benefits of being a teacher :) I just wish Jon got off work, too!

Friday we had a "winter storm" and the snow started falling in the afternoon. I cleaned the house and opened the blinds while I was doing so to allow me to enjoy how beautiful it was. We were all excited, especially Roxanne! She loves snow, loves licking it off the porch, and she wanted to stay outside and play in it. Copper isn't too fond of it because his big 'ole ears get so cold!! I have to warm them up when he comes inside.

Jen & Carly came to our house to have a sleep over on Friday. We watched movies, made a fire in a fireplace, and fell asleep really early. Carly, Roxanne, and Copper played and then passed out. Saturday morning we woke up and made indoor s'mores for breakfast!

Jen, Carly's head, and the s'mores!

Jon & I spent the rest of Saturday & Sunday lounging on the couch, watching more movies, and snuggling with our furbabies. It was a good weekend!! It's Monday now and I'm still off work due to icy roads... so all is well :)

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

LOVE IT! .. the one of you Abbey, is the story of my life: on the couch with a comforter and surrounded by the furbabies.. too cute!