It's a busy weekend here at the Frady house! I haven't been feeling well all week, but there is so much to be done. Jon is outside changing his transmission fluid (we finally have both cars up and running!), and I am sitting at the kitchen table blogging instead of cleaning the office.
It used to be our guest bathroom that we used for 'storage'. However, when we had the guest bathroom done, we moved all that junk into the office that unfortunately already had plenty of junk of its own. The result: a room so full of crap that you can barely wedge the door open to peer inside.
Today we will be doing the following:
-sanding down the spackling I did two weeks ago and repainting those walls
-painting the trim around the inside and outside of the front door
-filling in all the nail holes in the baseboards
-painting all the baseboards in the whole entire house
-laundry
-heading the BB&B to pick up a shower road/curtain/rug for the guest bath and a more permanent cover for the sliding glass door
-heading to Lowe's to pick out a paint color for the dining room. Yes, I already painted the dining room a long time ago, but I think we need a more fun color. I painted it a shade lighter than the living room, and it's just not popping like I want it to. I'm toy-ing with a bright yellow. I like this color scheme, and it goes with the rest of our living area:
This yellow might be a little too dull, but we'll see when we get there! I think it will look good with our colorful china, the pictures of Pike Place Market we took & intend to hang, and the grays and browns we have going on so far.
I'm itching for all of this to be done! I'm so ready to get to the 'fun' part of decorating! I really want a sewing machine for my birthday so I can find funky fabrics and make all sorts of new throw pillows, chair cover, curtains, and other things for our house! I'm also itching to be done with school (one more year.... one more year...) so I will only have work and the house to think about. Oh, and itching for summer vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment