More exciting things have happened to us since our last post! For one, my job is going excellent, and I just wrapped up the end of my first semester of teaching. I found out I have way more patience that I ever thought I could have, and I've also cried more than ever because I come across so many sad, sad, sad, sad, situations day after day. The most exciting thing that happened is that fact that I know have a tenth grader who is starting to READ!!!
Back at the end of October we dressed up the fur babies and took them to the PetSmart Howl-o-ween party. Roxanne & Copper also graduated from the beginner level training course there. November was very busy for us. I had to miss a few tailgates to attend my classes on the weekends (all A's- yay!), but Jon went ahead and had a great time with his friends. Mom, Dad, and Steph came in for Thanksgiving! It was my first Thanksgiving ever not with my family in Georgia, but Jamie went to visit Fisher in Colorado and Gaga & Poppy went on a cruise. Pacey is now in love with Copper. Steph and I braved the 4am crowds and did a lot of Black Friday shopping! I haven't uploaded pictures from Thanksgiving yet but hope to, soon!
Since this is our first Christmas in our house (although our third Christmas in Nashville- where has the time gone?), we went a bought a real tree to replace our old "Charlie Brown" tree that we used in our apartment. The dogs keep trying to eat the limbs, but that's better than the glass ornaments they munched on last year! Copper also ate a present that contained socks for Jon.... funny that the present was TO: DADDY FROM: COPPER AND ROXANNE so they could replace the socks of his that they ate. I mean, can a dog really pick a gift of wrapped socks out of a huge pile of other presents, unwrap it, and munch on the contents? Apparently so!
Above all........ tonight Jon took me to see the Rockettes at the Grand Ole Opry! It was amazing, and there were live camels in addition to many, many high kicks. This is something I have wanted to see ever since I was little (when I actually thought I would end up in NYC as a Rockette... sadly I was not born tall and thin with dance moves, but short, stumpy, and with my rhythm gene missing)!
We are looking forward to going to Marietta for over a week to visit my family, Jon's family, and spend NYE with friends at the Chik-fil-a bowl!
Enjoy the pictures!
That's me taking pictures of our Christmas tree :)
We get the official UT ornament every year for our tree :)
We tried to get a family photo inront of the tree before we went to see The Rockettes, but after many takes we gave up on trying to get them to sit still and look at the camera!






No comments:
Post a Comment