Monday, October 5, 2009

The start of football season + Trip to Detriot

Lots of things have been going on here in the Frady household!
Last weekend Jon & I decided to forgo the Ohio v. UT game, and we DROVE to Detroit, Michigan for my cousin Amy's wedding! We had a blast! I, in particular, had a little too much fun. Here are some pictures from our trip.
This road didn't look near as scary as in the movie. We drove down it just to see :)

Jamie & Fisher the morning after the wedding.

A fun crowd!

Me & Poppy!

Amy & Matt <3

Jon, on our drive into the "Dirty D". This was when we missed our exit, accidentally drove to Canada, and then took a detour through one of the worst ghettos around in the middle of the night. We were a little scared. OK, a LOT scared.


We saw a huge rainbow somewhere around Toledo, Ohio!

We went to Skyline Chili- twice- just for Jen! My favorite is the chili sandwich.

**********************************************************************
Last month the most important season of the year arrived- FOOTBALL SEASON! We've been traveling to Knoxville to watch our vols play and tailgate with our amazing friends. Of course, Erica & Steph have once again opened their home to us to stay at. We love this because that means we get to spend even more time with them! The boys haven't been doing fantastic, to say the least, but it is a rebuilding year, and we did only lose to Florida by 10 points- arguably our biggest accomplishment of the year?! My parents will be in Knoxville for the Georgia game next week, and Jon & I are planning on staying with Misty & Brandon. We can't wait!

Erica, Me, & Steph tailgating!
******************************************************************

Roxanne & Copper have been going to "doggy school"! On Monday nights I ask them in my very best baby talk voice "Who wants to go to school? who wants to go to PetSmart?!" and they wiggle their little furry butts all over the place in excitement. In four classes they've made SO much progress, and Copper is becoming much more socialized than before. Or, you could say he's become less socially awkward. ;) Roxie Roo only wants to perform if there is a treat involved. Roxanne likes the crunch "cookies" and Copper likes the meaty "cookies"- Copper likes them so much he's gained 5 pounds in a month! He's pushing 71 pounds now. One big boy and a dainty little priss pot.

********************************************************************
The fur babies are not the only ones in school. I am, too. I decided to go back for a teaching license in special education. I feel like it's one of the best decisions I've ever made because I'm not making my own plans anymore. Instead, I'm listening and following God's plans for me. In addition to LOVING it, I've had two interviews in two weeks. I'm praying that one of these works out. They were both at inner-city schools, but I surprisingly loved both of them. One was at a historically black high school right in the middle of downtown Nashville.

****************************************************************************
This Thursday my good friend, Cole, and his girlfriend, Missy, drove up from Auburn, AL for a visit! We hung out Thursday night, and then went sightseeing around the city on Friday and out for a little bit that night. Saturday the four of us went to Knoxville for the UT v. Auburn game. Auburn won :( but we had a great time!!! We hope they come back soon because it was great to see them!
***************************************************************
Jon has a huge accomplishment to announce this month: He was recently voted on to the Alpha Gamma Rho - AK Chapter alumni board! I am so proud of him! He is both the newest and youngest member and had to commit to three years of helping the chapter. He is so excited and I am so excited for him!
***********************************************************
I FINALLY took down the floral sheet that was covering our sliding glass door and put up some curtains. This is huge for us and for the status of our home improvements - LOL!

No comments: